This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and then make a purchase, I may get a small commission from that sale, at no extra cost to you.
Cardamom Cinnamon Oil Free Breakfast Granola.
Yesss please give me all the cozy vibes of cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg in a bowl...
If you guys know me by now, then you knowww how much I like to make things at home, from scratch... and breakfast granola is on that list of things I like to make. Plus, if it reminds me of autumn, then friends, I'm sold.
This cardamom cinnamon breakfast granola recipe is pretty easy and very beginner friendly, and is begging to made by you.
Let's talk about what's in it:
- roughly chopped almonds
- tasty pumpkin seeds
- rolled oats for that fiber
- sesame + chia seeds
- sweet chewy medjool dates
- and cinnamon, cardamom, and a dash of nutmeg for those cozy spice vibes.
Don't be fooled - although this granola has COZY vibes written all over it (can you tell I am already dreaming about the fall?), it is perfectly acceptable and almost required on hot summer days - like sprinkled on top of your favorite vegan ice cream, or layered in your overnight oats or acai breakfast bowl, or simply enjoyed as a cereal with a bit of your favorite non-dairy milk.
How to make oil free cardamom cinnamon breakfast granola:
All we are doing here is adding all the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl, then adding the wet, mix with a spoon and spread on a baking sheet (covered with parchment paper if needed), and baking for 40 minutes give or take.
I like to chop my almonds and dates in the food processor first, but if you aren't a fan of the food processor then you can chop up the dates and almonds using a knife. I just find it easier to throw these in the processor and let the machine do the chopping for me.
Since there is no oil involved, I add a bit of water and use a liquid sweetener (agave or maple syrup) to make it all stick. For this reason it does take around 40 minutes of oven time to reach a nice and crunchy consistency, but I'm telling ya it's worth the time, and your kitchen will smell FANTASTIC while this roasts.. so pop this into the oven, kick your feet up, and relax into the sweet sweet aroma of cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg filling your home. Heck, you might even forget it's a bajillion degrees outside and think it's the middle of autumn instead.
Helpful Tip: Make sure to keep an eye out within the last 10 minutes or so, and to continuously move the granola around with a spoon while it bakes.. if not you will end up with uneven roasted granola with some pieces toastier than others. I mean, it's not the worst thing that can happen but just a heads up. 🙂
If you are anything like me, and usually skip breakfast because you have no idea what to make that's quick and easy in the mornings.. then this granola will be your new BFF.
You can prepare it the night before, store it in a mason jar, and the next morning you can grab your granola as you rush out the door, breakfast in hand! Enjoy!
Want more easy breakfast recipes?
with love + gratitude,
Want More Vegan Eats? Make sure to subscribe to get our newsletter directly to your inbox, just *one* email, once a week. You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Make sure you come say hi! <3
oil free cozy cardamom cinnamon breakfast granola
A cozy cardamom cinnamon breakfast granola made with almonds, pumpkin seeds, oats, and sesame seeds. Perfectly oven-roasted and sweetened with agave. Oil free.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 2.5 cups 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: granola
- 1 cup almonds (150g)
- 5 medjool dates, pitted (100g)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (73g)
- 1/2 cup oats (52g)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (43g)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (9g)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (3g)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom (2g)
- dash of nutmeg powder
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of agave (or maple syrup)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add almonds and dates to a food processor, and process until dates and almonds are chopped down enough, usually only takes about 10 to 15 seconds. You want to make sure not to overprocess or you’ll end up with very fine almonds. Just process enough to give a quick chop.
- Add chopped almonds/dates to a bowl, and add the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix until evenly combined.
- Add the wet ingredients (water and agave) to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until everything is evenly combined and wet.
- Spread mix on a baking dish (lined with parchment paper), and roast for 35 to 40 minutes. Towards the last 5 minutes, make sure to keep an eye on the granola to prevent it from burning.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. The granola gets crunchier as it cools. Eat as is, or serve on top of your favorite vegan yogurt, oatmeal, or ice cream! Make a great cereal as is – I serve mine with some oat milk. So yum!
- You can use 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds instead of pumpkin seeds, if you prefer.
- The granola will get crunchier as it cools down.
Keywords: granola, breakfast granola, almonds, cardamom,