oil free cozy cardamom cinnamon breakfast granola
A cozy cardamom cinnamon breakfast granola made with almonds, pumpkin seeds, oats, and sesame seeds. Perfectly oven-roasted and sweetened with agave. Oil free.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 2.5 cups 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: granola
- 1 cup almonds (150g)
- 5 medjool dates, pitted (100g)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (73g)
- 1/2 cup oats (52g)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (43g)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (9g)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (3g)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom (2g)
- dash of nutmeg powder
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of agave (or maple syrup)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add almonds and dates to a food processor, and process until dates and almonds are chopped down enough, usually only takes about 10 to 15 seconds. You want to make sure not to overprocess or you’ll end up with very fine almonds. Just process enough to give a quick chop.
- Add chopped almonds/dates to a bowl, and add the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix until evenly combined.
- Add the wet ingredients (water and agave) to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until everything is evenly combined and wet.
- Spread mix on a baking dish (lined with parchment paper), and roast for 35 to 40 minutes. Towards the last 5 minutes, make sure to keep an eye on the granola to prevent it from burning.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. The granola gets crunchier as it cools. Eat as is, or serve on top of your favorite vegan yogurt, oatmeal, or ice cream! Make a great cereal as is – I serve mine with some oat milk. So yum!
- You can use 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds instead of pumpkin seeds, if you prefer.
- The granola will get crunchier as it cools down.
Keywords: granola, breakfast granola, almonds, cardamom,