Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you click through one of my links and buy something, I may get a small commission from that sale, at no extra cost to you. Thank you.
ULTIMATE GREEN CILANTRO GARLIC SAUCE !
Say no more .. because the name says it all.
It's ultimate, it's green, and it's supaaa tasty with cilantro and garlic. My little heart is content ladies and gents, because this sauce is everything and more.
dEATS about this Ultimate Green Cilantro Garlic Sauce Recipe
- It's so so so gooood. That cilantro-garlic-lemon-cashew combo is one for the books.
- Requires only 8 ingredients, of which I bet you already have most of them in your pantry riiiight now.
- Takes less than 10 minutes from start to finish (unless you have to soak your cashews, which I recommend that you do if you do *not* have a high powered blender such as a Vitamix or Blend Tec (affiliate links).
- Super versatile - goes well with nachos, tacos, salads. Can be used as a spread, or a dip, or a drizzle. You decide!
- It's raw vegan, and I love raw vegan recipes 😛
some tips and notes about this cilantro garlic sauce recipe
If you aren't a big garlic fan, maybe start with less garlic, say two cloves instead of 4. Garlic is very powerful and when using a high speed blender the taste is very pronounced. I like it though.
Also, if you want it to be creamier and more spread-like, then maybe use 1 cup of water and add more as needed. If you want it to more sauce-like and pour-able, like when you wanna drizzle it all over your vegan nachos or all over these vegan wild rice and black bean burritos , then definitely add 1.5 cups.
I like adding hemp seeds because it adds protein and other hemp-related nutrients and benefits to this awesome sauce, but you can totes leave it out if you don't have any on hand. It won't really affect the flavor nor the consistency.
Okay friends, that's all I've got to say about this fireee delicious homemade Ultimate Green Cilantro Garlic Sauce!
So go go go gather your ingredients and make this tonight. for dinner. or for lunch tomorrow. or whenever. Because it's good, and guilty free, and OIL free, and everyone's gonna love it.
with love + gratitude always,
Enjoyed This Recipe?
Our mailchimp account is finally up and running. Subscribe to receive just *ONE* email a week with a round up of our weekly recipes, so that you don't miss any of this goodness, ever, again!
The Ultimate Green Cilantro Garlic Sauce
A vegan and oil free Cilantro Garlic Sauce Recipe that only requires 8 ingredients and one blender. You’re going to love the taste of this sauce. Goes well with anything and everything!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups of sauce 1x
- Category: Vegan Sauces
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Sauce
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro including the stems (so much flavor in the stems!)
- 1/4 cup of hemp seeds (optional but so yummm)
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic (or 4 if you likeeey)
- the juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tbs)
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1 to 1.5 cups of water (always add less first until you reach your desired consistency)
- a dash of cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until smooth consistency. Begin by adding 1 cup of water and add more as needed.
That’s it! It’s literally one step. Easiest sauce you’ll ever make. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Will last about 2 or 3 days max so eat up quickly!
- If you do not have a high speed blender, I really encourage you to soak your cashews overnight, or for at least 20 to 30 minutes the day of so that you can achieve a nice smooth creamy consistency.
- Hemp seeds are not a must – you can leave out and flavor will not be affected but it does add extra protein and nutrients.