The Ultimate Green Cilantro Garlic Sauce
A vegan and oil free Cilantro Garlic Sauce Recipe that only requires 8 ingredients and one blender. You’re going to love the taste of this sauce. Goes well with anything and everything!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups of sauce 1x
- Category: Vegan Sauces
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Sauce
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro including the stems (so much flavor in the stems!)
- 1/4 cup of hemp seeds (optional but so yummm)
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic (or 4 if you likeeey)
- the juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tbs)
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1 to 1.5 cups of water (always add less first until you reach your desired consistency)
- a dash of cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until smooth consistency. Begin by adding 1 cup of water and add more as needed.
That’s it! It’s literally one step. Easiest sauce you’ll ever make. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Will last about 2 or 3 days max so eat up quickly!
- If you do not have a high speed blender, I really encourage you to soak your cashews overnight, or for at least 20 to 30 minutes the day of so that you can achieve a nice smooth creamy consistency.
- Hemp seeds are not a must – you can leave out and flavor will not be affected but it does add extra protein and nutrients.