Tasty no-bake almond butter brownies topped with a delicious caramel made out of dates. This recipe is easy and so healthy! Vegan, paleo, refined sugar free, and gluten free.
1. Add walnuts and almonds to a food processor and process until ground. Add soft dates, raw cacao powder, almond butter, and pinch of salt to food processor and process until a sticky dough consistency is achieved. If mixture feels too crumbly, process for a little longer. This usually takes anywhere from 45 to 60 seconds.
2. Transfer the sticky brownie dough to a square pan lined with parchment paper and press down with your hands, making sure it is evenly flat and feels firm. Place in fridge to set.
3. Make the caramel layer. Add dates, almond butter, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt to food processor and process until dates are broken down into small pieces. While the food processor is running, slowly add the 1/2 cup of coconut cream milk. Continue processing until a smooth creamy consistency is reached.
4. Add the caramel layer on top of the brownie and top with chopped walnuts and chocolate chips or chopped/shredded cacao paste (for sugar-free option).
5. Place back in the fridge and let it sit overnight, or freeze for a few hours before serving to allow brownie to harden.
raw cacao paste is naturally very bitter similar to really dark chocolate. Some people don’t like this but I offer it as an option because others want a more natural / sugar-free option instead of the traditional chocolate chips that are sold in stores.
Keywords: no-bake, chocolate, brownie, easy, healthy, raw, dessert, vegan, paleo, gluten free, oil free, sugar free,