Five Minute Vegan Tahini Herb Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and then make a purchase, I may get a small commission from that sale, at no extra cost to you.
Five minute vegan tahini herb dressing - for those days when you need a little extra something that will elevate your dinner from average to .. whoa!
The real reason why I am sharing this easy tahini herb dressing is in preparation for a delicious veggie bowl that I will be sharing on Thursday.
This sauce + that veggie bowl = veghead dreams come true.
But you'll have to wait for that bowl because today is all about this vegan tahini herb sauce.
And you don't need a veggie bowl to enjoy it... you can drizzle it on your burritos, tacos, nachos, fries, or even on a salad. The possibilities are endless.
Let's talk ingredients:
- we're using cashews for that super creamy base.. I use a vitamix and don't soak my cashews, but if your blender is not very powerful I'd soak them for 30 minutes so that it can be super creamy.
- tahini, for that tasty nutty flavor. Tahini is just sesame seeds that have been ground down into a nut butter. Always check ingredients - it should only say sesame seeds!
- garlic, because garlic make everything taste better (except dessert, maybe.)
- white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar for a tiny bit of acidity
- and any fresh green herb of your choice - cilantro, parsley, dill.
Want to see more vegan dressing, sauces and dip recipes?
If you're a cilantro fan, you'll love this cilantro garlic sauce... but if you're looking for something more cheezy, check out this chipotle nacho cheeze sauce.
with love + gratitude,
Want More Vegan Eats? Make sure to subscribe to get our newsletter directly to your inbox, just *one* email, once a week. You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Make sure you come say hi! <3
Five Minute Vegan Tahini Herb Sauce (oil free)
Quick and easy oil free tahini herb sauce that you can make in less than five minutes. Perfect sauce to use as a topping for your favorite veggie bowls, burritos, tacos, fries… the possibilities are endless with this one.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup sauce 1x
- 1/2 cup of cashews (84g)*
- 1/2 cup of water (105g)
- 1 tablespoon tahini butter (21g)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (10g) (apple cider works, too!)
- 1 small garlic clove (6g)
- 1/8 teaspoon of himalayan salt
- a handful of cilantro or parsley (pulse in last)
- Add all ingredients to your blender and mix until smooth. Pulse in the green herbs last.
- Serve as a sauce on top of your favorite veggie bowls, burritos, tacos, ect.
- I use a vitamix blender and therefore don’t really need to soak my cashews, but if your blender isn’t very powerful it’s best to soak for at least 30 minutes for ultimate creaminess.
Keywords: vegan sauce, tahini, garlic, sauce, cashews, dip, veggie bowl sauce,
subscribe to our blog below.
Just *one* email a week. Promise. <3
Did you make this recipe?
tag us on instagram @sproutingzeneats and use hashtag #sproutingzeneats so that we can feature your creations! 🙂
I didn’t have parsley so I added some basil to the dressing and it was delicious! How long will this stay fresh in the refrigerator?
Love your blog!
Hi Tracey! Thanks for stopping by 🙂 Basil sounds like a fantastic option – I’ll have to try it this way next time. I like to keep my sauces/dressings in an airtight container in the fridge, and they will usually last anywhere from 2 to 4 days… sometimes they last longer and other times they spoil really quickly 🙁 .. but the magic number is somewhere in between that. If you need it to last for a longer time (for meal prepping for example) you can try freezing it – I haven’t tried it yet, but it should work and that will help keep the dressing fresh.