Protein Packed Vegan Breakfast Berry Smoothie
A quick and easy protein packed vegan breakfast berry smoothie.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- 1 cup mixed frozen fruits
- 1 banana (optional but adds sweetness)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup (30g) of hemp seeds
- 2 cups water (or you can sub for non dairy milk)
Optional superfood additions:
- Maca powder
- Lucuma powder
- Throw all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth! That’s it. 🙂
- You can make this with non dairy milk or water. Water produces a thinner, less heavy, smoothie consistency. It is also less in calories and not as sweet. If you are looking for something higher in calories, then you can go ahead and make it with non dairy milk.
- The banana is optional but I found that it wasn’t as sweet with out it. If you like sweetness in your smoothies, you can use bananas or dates.
- Hemp and chia seeds are what gives this smoothie it’s protein (around 16g) so keep that in mind if you decide to leave one of these ingredients out.