This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and then make a purchase, I may get a small commission from that sale, at no extra cost to you.
Vegan smoothie bowls are where it's at right now.
Smoothie bowls make breakfast fun and magical, plus they're super easy to make, flexible, and a great snack for any vegan.
The most common base for a smoothie bowl is frozen bananas. I personally LOVE this because I enjoy the flavor of bananas and I do love the consistency that this fruit provides to smoothies.
However, if you're not a banana fan don't fret! You can use any frozen fruit really and some people even use non dairy yogurt as well. As far as what other ingredients to include, there is a ton of flexibility here too.
You can add hemp seeds, chia seeds, protein powder, maca, and so forth.
blue spirulina vegan smoothie bowl
I wanted to have some fun with my smoothie bowl, so I decided to make it colorful. You can totally make smoothie bowls without any added color... or you can color it naturally with your own creations.
I bet you can find a few natural foods in your kitchen right now that can color your smoothie bowl. Get creative and look for colorful fruits and veggies (that preferably have a nice flavor obviously)...
For this smoothie bowl I went ahead and used blue spirulina, but you can use blueberries instead. If you are using blue spirulina - remember that is an algea, and you should probably consult with your doctor first before adding this supplement to your diet. Also, it's important to purchase good quality spirulina product that is lab tested to make sure it is free of contamination. Just a little FYI there for ya. 🙂
easy breakfast in minutes...
This mayyy look super complicated but it's not. All you do is throw everything in your food processor, or blender, and mix until smooth. Pour into your favorite bowl and top with some fresh or frozen fruits. And enjoy. <3
Tell me are you a fan of smoothie bowls? Which flavors are your favorite? ...
In the mood for more Vegan Breakfast Recipes?
with love + gratitude,
Watch How To Make This Vegan Blue Smoothie Bowl In Under 60 Seconds:
Blue Galaxy Breakfast Bowl
A pretty blue spirulina vegan breakfast smoothie bowl with hemp and chia seeds for extra nutrition topped with fresh fruits!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 bowl
- 2 cups frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon blue spirulina (for blue color)
- 1 teaspoon butterfly pea powder (for purple color)
- tiny bit of water
- Mix 1 cup of frozen bananas, 1 tablespoon hemp seeds and 1 tablespoon chia seeds, and 1 teaspoon of blue spirulina in a food processor until smooth and set aside. If your food processor is struggling, add a tiny bit of water (or non dairy milk) at a time to help smooth it out.
- Mix 1 cup frozen bananas, 1 tablespoon of hemps seeds and chia seeds, and 1 teaspoons butterfly pea powder (for purple color) in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour both colors in a bowl, swirl, and top with frozen berries.
I used these cookie shape cutters to make the cute papaya stars.
- Best to eat right away because it will melt quickly.
- You don’t have to use the spirulina nor butterfly pea powder if you don’t have on hand. You can make it without, and use your own natural food colorings like beet juice or powder, matcha powder. maybe even turmeric for a yellow bowl.