Iced Matcha Coffee Latte Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and then make a purchase, I may get a small commission from that sale, at no extra cost to you.
Iced matcha coffee latte for the win.
Combining the best of both worlds - delicious matcha and flavorful rich coffee - to make an insanely delicious iced latte.
What is matcha:
Matcha is a powder that is derived by grounding down green tea leaves that have been grown in special conditions. When you consume matcha, you are consuming all of the great benefits of green tea PLUS more.
It is believed that matcha powder actually has 137x more antioxidant power than regular green tea!
Why combine matcha and coffee?
I love coffee lattes,
and I love matcha lattes.
So I thought, why not combine both?
If you love Starbuck's matcha espresso latte, then you're going to love this homemade version as it's pretty similar (I assume, because I've never actually tasted their version).
What do you need to make iced matcha coffee latte:
- Matcha powder - my favorite is Jade Leaf Organic Matcha powder that I get from Amazon
- Homemade almond milk - Of course you can use store-bought too but homemade almond milk is so much more delicious and creamy. Learn how to make your own homemade almond milk here.
- Coffee - let it cool down to room temperature so that it doesn't melt the ice.
- Maple Syrup - my favorite natural sweetener as of late. You can also use agave, coconut nectar, or coconut sugar.
How to make iced matcha coffee latte:
Making this iced latte is really simple.
Start off by mixing the matcha powder with almond milk and ice. I use a mason jar with a lid so that I can add all ingredients into the cup and give it a good shake to mix everything together.
Then add room temperature coffee to the matcha mixture plus a little bit of natural sweetener, my favorite is maple syrup, and give it a good stir.
Add more ice if it isn't cold enough, and enjoy!
This drink is perfect for warm spring + summer days that are coming up real soon. It's also really fun for St. Patrick's day if you are looking to drink something green that is a little healthier than beer 😉
Hope you enjoy this fun recipe and if you give it a try don't forget to tag me @sproutingzeneats on instagram!
Want to see more vegan matcha recipes?
vegan matcha cake with blueberry pomegranate topping
Iced Matcha Coffee Latte Recipe
This recipe combines the best of both worlds – A delicious iced matcha latte infused with coffee.
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1/2 cup coffee (room temperature)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup or more of ice
- Add 1 teaspoon of matcha powder and one cup of almond milk with ice to a cup with a lid (like a mason jar) and shake.
- Add 1/2 cup of coffee to the matcha + milk mixture. Add maple syrup and stir. Enjoy!
- My favorite matcha brand is Jade Leaf Organic Matcha
with love + gratitude,
Want More Wholesome Eats and Wellness Content?
Make sure to subscribe to get our newsletter directly to your inbox. You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Make sure you come say hi! <3
subscribe to our blog below.
receive our recipes + wellness posts straight to your inbox
follow us on the gram:
tag us on instagram @sproutingzenwellness and use hashtag #sproutingzeneats or #sproutingzenwellness so that we can feature your creations! 🙂
Leave a Comment