*If you are not making everything from scratch then you can skip to step #3 and begin there.
- Begin by making your tortilla chips as instructed in this recipe. While your chips are baking in the oven – go ahead and make the walnut meat as instructed in this recipe. I usually pop my walnut meat in the oven while the chips are baking as well.
- Next go ahead and make the pico de gallo by chopping all ingredients, placing them in a bowl and coating them with the juice of one lime. Make the guac by mashing up the avocado with a fork and squeezing the juice of one lime (or lemon) and mixing. Set aside.
- Make the nacho cheeze sauce – throw all ingredients in your blender and process until smooth.
- Finally, once chips are ready, walnut meat has roasted, and all the toppings are ready to go – layer your nachos in this order (or any order really, but I like this order in particular): place chips on a plate, then add the walnut meat (or your store bought version) on top, next add the pico de gallo or chunky salsa, add a dollop of guacamole or avocado slices and drench – I mean drizzle – with the nacho cheeze sauce or store-bought vegan cheese. Add any additional toppings you like.
- It is now time to DIG in and enjoy.