This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and then make a purchase, I may get a small commission from that sale, at no extra cost to you.
Let's talk about vegan cheese - more specifically this vegan chipotle nacho cheeze sauce!
It might look familiar to you, because, well... it's the same cheezy sauce that I included in the Best Vegan Loaded Nachos Recipe post.
I've had such great feedback from this chipotle nacho cheeze that I think it's only fair to give it it's own place. Because it deserves it. 🙂
reasons why we're loving this easy chipotle nacho cheese sauce
- It's got a whole lot of flavor - spice from the chipotle, zing from the garlic and a subtle hint of sweetness from the red bell pepper.
- Refined oil free as always.
- No Nooch! It's nutritional yeast free, which is awesome for those of you who can't tolerate it or prefer to leave it out of your diet.
- Way too easy not to make 😛 - Seriously, just chop the red bell pepper and throw everything into your blender and blend until smooth. Creamy chipotle nacho cheese sauce in minutes.
Ways I've been enjoying this nacho cheese sauce lately:
- Drizzled all over these loaded vegan nachos.
- Drenched all over these raw vegan romaine lettuce taco boats.
- Mixed in with any, and every, kind of mixed greens salad.
- As a tortilla chip dip. Yes, it doubles as a dip!
This is one of those keep-in-your-back-pocket recipes that you should totally print out, and maybe tape to your fridge for easy access. Make a nice big batch on Sunday and use it as your sauce of choice for the upcoming week! Remember though it only keeps for about three days after making it so eat up fast, or freeze it.
What's your favorite way to enjoy Spicy Nacho Cheeze Sauces? Tell me below!
with love + gratitude,
Want More Vegan Eats? Make sure to subscribe to get our newsletter directly to your inbox, just *one* email, once a week. You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Make sure you come say hi! <3
Easy Vegan Nacho Cheeze Sauce
A vegan nacho cheeze sauce that’s going to knock your socks off. Spicy, creamy, and all the cheeze flavor with none of the nutritional yeast.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup of cheeze sauce
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Blending
- 1/3 cup (46g) of cashews
- 1/3 cup (49g) of hemp seeds
- 1 (160g) red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (107g) of vegetable broth
- 2 peeled garlic cloves (7g)
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (4g) garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon (1g) of chipotle pepper powder or cayenne pepper powder. I prefer the chipotle flavor but it works with cayenne as well. If you like spicy – feel free to add more, but I would recommend you taste test it first and then add more if needed.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt or more, adjust as needed.
- Cut off the top stem part of the red bell pepper and remove the seeds. Roughly slice it up into four and place in a high speed blender (maybe chop into smaller pieces if your blender is not too strong). Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and process until smooth. You should achieve a smooth and creamy sauce consistency. If you do not have a high speed blender, I recommend you soak the cashews first for an hour but at the minimum 20 minutes if in a time crunch.
- Serve over nachos, over tacos, or drizzled over your favorite savory dishes.
- Usually lasts around 3 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Keywords: cheese, vegan cheese, cheeze, gluten free, oil free, plant based, cheese alternative