This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and then make a purchase, I may get a small commission from that sale, at no extra cost to you.
In the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, finding the perfect snack that balances taste, nutrition, and convenience can be a challenge. For busy moms and toddlers alike, I present a delightful solution – Nutrient-Rich Almond Butter Balls. This easy-to-make recipe not only caters to your sweet cravings but also packs a punch of wholesome goodness.
The Magic Ingredients: A Nutritional Powerhouse
Let's start by exploring the nutritional wonders encapsulated in these almond butter balls. Each ingredient has been carefully chosen to create a treat that's not only delicious but also nourishing.
1. Almond Flour: A Gluten-Free Marvel
The base of our almond butter balls is the gluten-free wonder, almond flour. Rich in healthy fats, protein, and fiber, almond flour provides a nutrient-dense foundation for our snack. It's an excellent source of Vitamin E, magnesium, and antioxidants, contributing to heart health and overall well-being.
2. Collagen Powder: Boosting Beauty from Within
Adding two scoops of collagen powder, such as Further Foods Collagen, takes these almond butter balls to the next level. Collagen is known for its benefits to skin, hair, and joint health. It's a protein-packed addition that supports the body's natural collagen production, promoting a radiant and youthful appearance.
3. Homemade Almond Butter: A Personal Touch
The heart of this recipe lies in the almond butter, preferably homemade. By making your own almond butter, you control the quality of ingredients, avoiding additives and preservatives. Almond butter is a fantastic source of healthy fats, protein, and essential nutrients like vitamin E and magnesium. Its creamy texture adds a luxurious touch to our snack.
4. Maple Syrup: Nature's Sweetener
Sweetening our almond butter balls with a quarter cup of maple syrup not only imparts a natural sweetness but also brings in some essential minerals like manganese and zinc. Unlike refined sugars, maple syrup has a lower glycemic index, offering a more stable energy release.
5. Vanilla Extract: A Flavorful Elixir
A teaspoon of vanilla extract enhances the overall taste of our almond butter balls. Beyond its aromatic qualities, vanilla extract contains antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. It's a small addition that makes a big difference in flavor and health benefits.
6. Coconut Oil: The Healthy Fat
Two tablespoons of coconut oil not only contribute to the binding and texture of our almond butter balls but also bring in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). MCTs are easily digestible fats that provide a quick source of energy, making these snacks an ideal pick-me-up during busy days.
Perfect for Toddlers and Moms on the Go
Now that you have a batch of these delightful almond butter balls, let's explore why they make the perfect snack for toddlers and busy moms alike.
1. Wholesome Nutrition for Growing Tots
Toddlers need a variety of nutrients for their growth and development, and these almond butter balls deliver just that. Packed with protein, healthy fats, and essential vitamins and minerals, this snack supports the nutritional needs of little ones.
2. Convenient and Portable
Busy moms are always on the lookout for snacks that are easy to grab on the go. These almond butter balls fit the bill perfectly. They require minimal preparation, are mess-free, and can be stored in the refrigerator for a quick snack solution during hectic days.
3. Energy Boost for Moms
For moms managing a multitude of tasks, these almond butter balls offer a convenient energy boost. The combination of healthy fats, protein, and natural sugars from maple syrup provides sustained energy without the crash associated with processed snacks.
4. Customizable for Picky Eaters
The recipe's simplicity allows for customization. You can involve your toddlers in the kitchen, letting them roll the balls or choose their preferred coatings. This involvement not only makes the snack more appealing but also encourages a positive relationship with wholesome foods.
5. Collagen for Radiant Moms
For moms, the addition of collagen powder brings an extra benefit. Supporting skin, hair, and joint health, collagen is a beauty-boosting ingredient that aligns with the wellness goals of many mothers.
These paleo almond butter balls are made with simple and real ingredients. Loaded with healthy fats from the almond butter and protein from the collagen powder, these make a great snack for toddlers and adults alike.
Combine Dry Ingredients:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour and collagen powder. Ensure they are well mixed.
Add Wet Ingredients:
- Add almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, raisins, and coconut oil to the dry ingredients.
- Using a spatula or spoon, mix the ingredients until well combined. The mixture should have a consistent texture.
Shape into Balls:
- Take small portions of the dough and roll them into bite-sized balls using your hands. Place the balls on a parchment-lined tray.
- Place the formed balls in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to firm up.
- You can roll the almond butter balls in additional almond flour, shredded coconut, or crushed nuts for added texture.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Once the almond butter balls have firmed up, they are ready to be enjoyed! Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- I use further foods collagen powder which is grass-fed and pasture raised.