This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and then make a purchase, I may get a small commission from that sale, at no extra cost to you.
If you love to sip on a warm cozy drink in the mornings but are looking for something other than coffee, this might just be what you're looking for.
As a breastfeeding mama I'm trying to stay away from coffee, yes I know, a little bit won't hurt the baby but honestly I've been off coffee for over a year now and I'm totally okay with not going back to it justttt yet. Those withdrawal headaches were no joke.
However, I do loveee a warm cup of something in the mornings therefore I needed a latte replacement - especially in the fall (even though I live in south florida and it's always so hot here so who am I kidding but I still like to pretend 😉 )
Insert DANDELION ROOT TEA - the best coffee alternative and the main ingredient in this non-caffeinated pumpkin spiced latte.
What is Dandelion Root Tea:
Dandelion root tea is an herbal tea made from the root of the dandelion flower. For some magical reason, when this root tea is roasted it tastes *very* similar to coffee. It even LOOKS like coffee when brewed!
Obviously it is NOT coffee. But it is sooo similar. If, for whatever reason, you need to avoid coffee or caffeine altogether, this herbal tea is a great replacement. It'll hit the spot - I promise.
You can learn more about dandelion root tea and its benefits in this post that I made a few months ago.
how to make this non caffeinated pumpkin spiced latte:
Making this latte is really easy.
All you have to do is brew your tea - you can follow the steps on this post where I break down exactly how to make roasted dandelion root tea.
For the creamer - I like to use cashews straight into the blender. This will yield the creamiest latte ever. The cashews mix with the dandelion tea to create the milk base.
Another option I like to use for this recipe is my homemade almond milk (this post will guide you on how to make your own homemade almond milk, all you need is a blender and a nut milk bag). Of course any non dairy milk will work just fine - even store bought.
The rest of the ingredients are pumpkin puree (from a can is fine), pumpkin spice, a dash of cinnamon and some maple syrup or honey for added sweetness.
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend it all up to create a nice foamy creamy latte.
That's it! Enjoy!
Of course if you want your latte to be caffeinated you can also just use real brewed coffee - no need to use dandelion root tea if you don't want to.
Healthy Caffeine-Free Pumpkin Spiced Latte
A super creamy healthy caffeine-free pumpkin spiced latte that is vegan and paleo!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- 2 cups brewed roasted dandelion root tea (learn how to brew your own roasted dandelion root tea in this post) – you can also use brewed coffee but then it won’t be caffeine free (unless you use decaf).
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin spice powder
- 18 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 medjool dates
- optional spoonful of almond butter
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy! If you do not have a powerful blender, I recommend that you soak the cashews and dates for at least 30 minutes or more beforehand for ultimate creaminess.
- Top with some more pumpkin spice or cardamom or cinnamon powder and enjoy!
- If you do not have cashews, or want to avoid cashews – you can also use 1/2 cup of non dairy milk like almond milk. It won’t be as creamy but it is still delicious. Learn how to make homemade almond milk in this post.
- The dandelion root loose tea that I buy is this Feel Good Organics brand from Amazon.
Keywords: breakfast, latte, pumpkin, pumpkin spice, winter, fall,