This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and then make a purchase, I may get a small commission from that sale, at no extra cost to you.
Healthy banana chocolate chip chunky cookies!
Got ripe bananas laying around and don't want to make yet another banana bread recipe?
Make these healthy banana chocolate chip chunky cookies instead!
Not only are they delicious but they will also make your entire house smell amazing!
This healthy banana chocolate chip chunky cookie is:
- gluten free
- refined sugar free
- oil free
what you need to make these healthy banana chocolate chip chunky cookies:
I love this cookie recipe because it is easy, simple, and straight forward. You probably already have most of these ingredients at home already especially if you're into vegan/paleo cooking.
- almond flour + coconut flour
- baking soda + apple cider vinegar for leavening
- cinnamon powder
- cardamom powder - this one is totally optional but I really do love the extra flavor it adds to these cookies!
- chocolate chips
- walnuts for extra crunch
- bananas, obviously!
- maple syrup (or agave would work too)
- and vanilla extract for extra flavor
I get both my almond and coconut flour off of Amazon. I have been buying the Terrasoul brand for both these flours with very good results. It it also cheaper to buy these flours online via Amazon than to buy them from a local store like Whole Foods. If you want to check out these flours on Amazon check them out here: click here for Almond flour or click here for coconut flour.
For the chocolate chips - I recommend that you use Hu Gems. These are vegan paleo chocolate chips that have very clean ingredients. They are made using coconut sugar. Another option is to use pure cacao paste - which is what I do. You can chop up the paste into bite size chunks but just keep in mind cacao paste is very bitter.
how to make these healthy banana chocolate chip chunky cookies:
This cookie recipe is super easy. It doesn't require any equipment - just a bowl (okay maybe 2 bowls) and your oven! Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix it up.. next smash up the bananas in another bowl and add all wet ingredients in there and mix it up too. Then add all wet ingredients into the dry and form the dough.
Form 12 small balls with the dough and place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent them from sticking. Press down gently on each ball to form a chunky cookie. These cookies will not rise nor spread too much so don't press them down too flat.
Bake them in the oven at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes. Let them cool after baking so that they can harden a bit. Enjoy warm or refrigerated!
how to store these banana chocolate chip chunky cookies:
You can store these in an airtight container in the fridge or in the freezer. They will probably last longer in the freezer and truth be told, they taste pretty awesome when frozen!
Want to see more vegan cookie recipes?
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Chunky Cookies Recipe (vegan, paleo, gluten free)
Delicious soft and chewy chunky banana chocolate chip cookies that are healthy and so easy to make! Vegan, Paleo, Gluten free, and Refined Sugar Free.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- 1 cup almond flour (89g)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (30g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (6g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (3g)
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder – optional
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (or more because why not!)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (27g)
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl, smash up ripe bananas with a fork and add all wet ingredients to the bowl. Combine until evenly mixed.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix to form cookie dough.
- Roll dough into 12 balls and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Gently press down on each ball to form a chunky cookie. These won’t spread or rise too much, so if you want them to stay chunky do not press down too hard, just enough to make them chunky and cookie-shaped. Bake in the oven at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cooling rack – this step is important as cookies will be very soft fresh out of the oven but will continue to cook/harden as they cool down.
- Drizzle some melted chocolate chips on top and enjoy!
- I only use one tablespoon maple syrup because the ripe bananas add a lot of sweetness – however, if you really like sweets consider adding 2 tablespoons of maple syrup instead.